Friday, August 7, 2009

Wow! 42 Etsy Sales Last Week

I just had the best week ever at Etsy. Combined, I sold 42 items in my two shops within the last 8 days! I was so excited. :)

I have been listing and listing and posting some in the forums and I guess it paid off. I seemed to have gotten more views and hearts last week too. Happy, Happy!

Anyway, back to business. I went garage sale hunting this morning at 6:30 am and found a lot of treasures. I bought up a lot of old jewelry and some vintage glass. When I returned home I checked out my loot. I can't see a thing, the tiny writing, designer names or anything without my reading glasses so I had no idea what I had until I got home. I paid $1.00 for a necklace that was pretty long and heavy and I checked and it is 14k gold! I was very shocked and happy. I also had paid $1.00 for another necklace and it turned out to be sterling silver with a sterling locket.

Very profitable day for me today. I'm already planning my garage sale route for tomorrow. Do any of you go to garage sales? Have any tips? I would love to hear them.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Julie thnks for following my blog. i follow and read yours aswell. I love to go to second end markets, you can find all kind of things, real treasures. congrats for your sales. After this post i will go and check out what you have in your shops.
    You asked me about the picture in the left of my blog hiding the photoalbum....
    It easy. I uploaded all the pics in photobucket and organized my album there. I chose 1 pic to be the button for my leftsidebar in the blog. Resized it and uploaded to the blog with a link to the photoalbum.
    If you neeb more infos how to do it! Tell me and i try to write you a step by step list!
    Hugs Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the wonderful week, Julie! That sounds amazing, and so do your garage finds! Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie ~ Thanks for following my blog.. Your shops are just lovely and you sound like such a fun gal.. I too am a treasure hunter.. garage sales are tops!!! I love them.. Have a beautiful day!

    Tamara

    ReplyDelete