Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Old Oregon Trail Plate


These yummy cookies are on a very old plate. My Great-Great-Grandmother brought a set of dishes over the Oregon Trail and only 3 plates and a cup and saucer survived! My mother, sister and I each received one of the plates. I think my cookies looked pretty on it so I wanted to share with you all. Below is the recipe for the cookies. Shhh....it's not an old recipe. I used one off the Internet! But they taste delicious.
White Macadamia Nut Cookies
Ingredients
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
2. Beat butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla at medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy.
3. At low speed, gradually beat in flour, just until blended. Fold in white chocolate and nuts.
4. Drop tablespoonfuls, 2 1/2 inches apart, onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 17 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned and tops look dry. Cool on baking sheets, then remove to rack to cool.

2 comments: