Monday, November 22, 2010

Gargoyles, Titanic, Cabin, Apple Barn, Waterfalls and Trees

My husband took me on a trip this past weekend. It was a combo Birthday/Anniversary getaway and we had an awesome time! We went to the Biltmore House Estate in North Carolina. It was a huge beautiful mansion built by the Vanderbilt's youngest son. It was absolutely amazingly large and ornate. Hand carved wood and stone everywhere. My favorite gargoyle was the creature above in the corner. Looks a little like my daughter's pitbull.

We also went to the Smokies in TN. We saw the Titanic museum. Learned a few things I didn't know about that ship. Very informative and they had a lot of nice artifacts and pictures. That's us above at the Apple Barn. Another amazing place. And a random waterfall.

Two more of my fav carved people on the outside of the Biltmore.

A random tree I liked and a picture of our cabin kitchen. Cabin was cute but not clean at all. Definitely need new housekeepers there.

But we had a wonderful time and I got a new dehydrator! My house will be overfloweth with beef jerky and dried herbs and fruit here in the next two weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment