Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tabouli Salad and Organic Berries....I DO eat Healthy.....Proof.....


Actually, I have been trying to eat healthier and organic since I quit smoking 6 weeks ago! It's been a long haul trying to quit but I think I'm over the worst of it. Off the nicotine patches and everything!!


I love these wheat pita pockets! You can fill them with just about anything. This one I filled with Tabouli salad and lettuce.  My all time favorite food. 

I wish I had a wonderful recipe for you but I don't! I just buy a Tabouli box mix at the grocery store near ethnic foods, then cut out the olive oil (less fat) and add tomatoes and olives! Love it. :)


Organic berries from the local farmer's market that I discovered was only a couple miles from my house two days a week!  

They have the best Peach Honey there too! I'll get pics of that another day! I think you can order this farmer's honey online so I'll find out his info and post it. 

4 comments:

  1. Looks super tasty! And grats on the quitting smoking! I know it's hard, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tasty. :) And thanks! I feel so much better after quitting. :)

      Delete
  2. Yummy. Congrats on the 6 months. Well done you. IndyPoppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures make me want to run right out and pick fresh berries - they are so yummy looking! :D

    Many mini hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete