All of my molds work wonderfully with fondant. However, deep, thin cuts in the mold may not be as sharp in your final product if you are using fondant. It depends on how soft your fondant is and how much time you spend pressing it into the mold to ensure a good impression. If you have any questions please send me a note prior to purchase.
One of my customers sent me a picture of her use of my nuts and bolts mold. She does beautiful work AND she even sent me some of these gorgeous cake pops!! Trust me they are melt in your mouth good AND they are picture perfect. I wish we hadn't eaten the beautiful ones she sent me so fast....I would have liked to include more pictures of her work.
Click here to see her gorgeous and YUMMY Creations!
You can use metallic powder, stain, marker, paint or other items to rub along the ridges and details to bring out all the highlights and tiny details. Then gloss to give it shine and seal the piece! Do this AFTER Baking NOT before.
♡ The following picture is a useful technique for either fondant or clay as they are similar in texture. Make sure your clay is Kneaded Completely and warm prior to putting in the mold. It will pick up the detail better when soft and pliable. It is more soft and pliable when warm and kneaded properly. I sit on my clay about 20 minutes prior to kneading it. :)
I used Clear Easy Cast Resin and Transparent Resin Dye with these pieces.
They need to cure for 24 hours or more depending on which resin you use.
I'm very new at Resin but I do know that if you do not wait until the piece is cured completely before removing it you will ruin your mold.
ALSO if you do not make your resin concoction ratio perfectly or mix it according to the directions on the box you will ruin your mold and/or the pieces will not cure.
The pieces below came right out of the mold perfectly with no mold release necessary and NO damage to the mold. :)
I also use a heat gun to get the air bubbles out. You can buy a heat gun at Lowe's or Home Depot for about $24.00. Necessary if you make a lot of resin pieces. :)
SOAP EMBEDS, GUEST SOAPS, SINGLE USE SOAPS, WEDDING & PARTY FAVOR SOAPS!
All of my flexible, food safe, silicone molds are handmade by me, as they are ordered. I use a generous amount of silicone so your molds are thick and sturdy. ♥ Price is only for the mold. Any items in the pictures are photo props only. No Mold Release is necessary.
Your molded piece will pop right out of your mold without difficulty. They can withstand heat up to 395 degrees Fahrenheit.
My molds are food grade compliant up to 395 degrees F. They are made of non-toxic, food safe silicone. You may wash your mold with soap and water. If you plan to use the mold for food, do not use it with any other material before putting your food product into the mold to eliminate any possibility of contamination.
Please check the size of your mold PRIOR to purchase so you are not surprised when it arrives. You can see the size of your piece in the listing....In the PICTURE with the item next to a RULER. OR the SIZE may be written in the body of the listing. If there is no size reference please send me a note and I will measure it for you.
RESIN - You can use your molds with resin to make cute magnets, ornate brooches, and cabochons for jewelry, hair bows, pendants or scrapbook embellishments!
POLYMER CLAY and PMC (Precious Metal Clay) also work well with these molds to create beautiful jewelry pieces! On some of the more detailed, deeper molds you can bake your clay right in the mold if you like to avoid distorting the piece as it comes out. Follow clay cooking directions on your clay package. Never bake the mold over 395 degrees.
WAX - A lot of customers make scented WAX melts with their molds! Wax just pops right out of the mold cavity!
SOAP Embeds are another wonderful use of your molds. Make tiny fish, flowers or whatever you like to embed in your clear soaps! Or you can make "One time use" soaps OR little guest soaps. None of my molds are large enough for a "bar" of soap. They are all for embeds, little soap favors or guest soaps. Please check size prior to purchase.
FONDANT, SUGAR, CHOCOLATE, CANDY (below 395 degrees) I make cute pieces to put on my cupcakes and cakes! Leaf and flower molds can turn an ordinary cake into a beautiful work of art! These molds are wonderful for making Molded Sugar for those special tea parties!!! Molded Sugar Recipe link is above. :)
BUTTER Pats! Make heart butter pats for Valentine’s Day, Eggs for Easter or snowflakes for Christmas! I have a variety of holiday molds to make your holiday dinner more festive! Use REAL BUTTER in your molds. Margarine does not work.
If you take care of your mold it will last a long time and has many pours in it's life. I've had some molds that I've used over 100's of times.
~ I keep my molds in a baggie to keep it soft and free of dust.
~ I GENTLY "rinse" with mild soapy, warm water
~ If you are rough with your mold i.e. stretching, pulling tight, pushing your fingernail through the bottom and otherwise roughly handling it then it will rip or tear.
~ Time.....Yes, these are not indestructible, lifetime molds. They will break down at some point and you will need to purchase more. Please don't use it for years and ask for a refund when it's life finally gives out.
~ Keep out of the sun.
~If you pour Too HOT of candy in the mold it will stick to the mold and destroy it.
~If you overcook your mold and burn it you will destroy the mold.
~If you do not mix your resin properly it can stick to the mold and destroy it.
~ The molds are not edible.
~ Please keep molds away from children. Smaller molds can be a choking hazard.
~~~Be sure to avoid CROSS CONTAMINATION. If you use your mold with non edible products (i.e. clay, resin etc) do not use it afterwards with food products.
~Other items I carry: Cookie cutters have sharp edges, please keep away from children.
~All the clay canes are made of clay and are not edible. Please keep these away from children.
~ALL the mini food decorations in my store are FAKE FOOD made of plastic, GLASS, clay or other non-edible material. ~~~~Please keep these items away from children as they look good enough to eat but are not edible.
This mold is made of non-toxic material and complies with 21CFR 177.2600.