Thursday, December 29, 2011

I collect acorns so when I saw Stuff By Kim's Shop yesterday I just had to put a feature on my blog! If I were planning a wedding these acorns and/or seed balls would be the absolute perfect touch as wedding favors!! She has them in a variety of colors and they are gorgeous!!


These little beauties would make great gifts too!


Here are some of the colors she offers!!


I asked Kim to write a little about herself and her shop so you can "meet her." Be sure to check out her gorgeous shop! She has many other seed balls and acorns and some other wonderful items for sale. Stuff By Kim On Etsy

I have been married for 32 yrs., a mom and grandmother. I was very lucky as a child to have a mom who encouraged creativity. Never telling me I couldn't do something or that I did not do something very good. But always seeing that my best was "wonderful".

I am inspired by nature. Just being outside and hearing the sounds of the birds and the insects, of the water and the rain. Or feeling the warmth of the sunshine on my cheek. These things are very cleansing and inspiring to me, always making a new idea start to grow inside my head!

My ACORNS and SEED BALLS can be made in any color of you choice. I will match your wedding colors so they can be used as favors. They are lovely in tiny organza bags or scattered on the tables for that perfect touch of rustic whimsy.

I have always done craft shows and festivals and I still do, but I saw Etsy as another venue and a logical next rung on the ladder. So here I am with an shop!

I believe the thing I am the most passionate about in my work at the moment is going green and recycling/repurposing/upcycling as much as possible. I love rescuing something that is destined for the landfill and making something useful and creative out of it. Making something beautiful that someone else will love.

My favorite material to work with right now is paper. But I also love anything that I can recycle.

Happy New Year

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me on your blog. I am now a follower and I am sure I will spend many hours in here just looking at all the eye candy. Thanks again!....Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the acorns.

    I am following you. I thought I already was???


    Stopping by from Blogging Buddies

    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete