Saturday, June 1, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Jelly


I made some Cinnamon Apple Jelly last week! It is absolutely wonderful on hot muffins. It gelled perfectly and the color is beautiful.  

I am starting to get the hang of this canning thing....I think. At least with jelly.  I'm still having a hard time getting my jams to set up nicely. My jams tend to be more of a nice berry syrup for waffles! 


I put some in my antique jelly jars! Beautiful!

Ingredients:
7 cups unsweetened bottled apple juice
1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
2 teaspoons butter
1 cup red hot candies
9 cups sugar

Directions:
Place the apple juice in a large kettle. Stir in pectin and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.  Stir in candies until dissolved. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil.  Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Pour hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving ¼-in headspace.  Adjust caps.  Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.  Yield about 13 half pints. 

Cinnamon Apple Jelly Recipe by Taste of Home



1 comment:

  1. Ooooh that looks divine! I tried making apple jelly last year and didn't turn out right, think I might have to try this recipe out! I can't resist apple and cinnamon together! <3 thnx for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete